A small fund by remote founders, operators and early investors
investing in the next generation of global work opportunities.
By the community, for the community.
Who's behind this:
The fund is led by @andreasklinger.
LPs include founders, operators and early-stage investors of global teams.
Companies we invested first-check, pre-seed and/or seed in:
- - Hopin
– Online Events
- - Remote.com – Global payroll
- - Mainstreet
– Plug into rural economic incentice programs
- - Focusmate
– Calm.com for focus. First product: Work buddies
- - Crescendo – Byte-sized cultural competence courses for global
- - Pesto Tech – ISA-based candidate sourcing in India
- - Galileo – A global online school
- - Clubhouse – A global voice
based meetup space
- - Firstbase - Office equipment for a remote-first world
- - Switchyards - Neighborhood work-clubs for the WFH
- - Stable - Post addresses for global teams
- - Qatalog - Data-first extendable intranet
- - Commsor - Track your online community
- - Rarebase - Leverage global research against rare diseases
- - Dawere - Online-first highschool education for free for LATAM
- - Poised - A real-time zoom speech coach
- - Virtually - Facilitate online education programs
- - On Deck - Silicon Valley in the cloud
- - Circle - Online community forum
- - … and several more
First! Check! In!
We are very comfortable being the first to put money on the table.
And we have done this multiple times.
Note: To be a good first investor for you, we either need to be expert for your
product's core bet
or have a pre-existing relationship.
What we look for:
- - Tools that improve remote work
- - Tools that leverage global work in a unique way
- - Engineering and no-code tools
How do we invest:
- - USD $100,000 – $200,000
- - Preseed and seed
- - USA and Global (yes incl. Africa, EU, LATAM, Asia, ROW)
- - We like to bring in other investors with us
- - We follow this decision framework
What our founders say:
"Andreas is hands down probably the best investor I've met, hard to describe how much value he brings or just how amazing he is to work with.
If you're lucky enough to get him on your cap table, please make it happen. You won't regret it."
– Andrew Gazdecki, Microacquire
"Quite simply, MainStreet would not exist without the support of Andreas and Remote First. Andreas took the time to get to know me, stayed close, and feedbacked as we iterated the early product development of MainStreet.
Andreas was the first investor call we made after our "Eureka!" moment during product development, and his investment, support, and conviction were critical to putting together our first seed round. Deeply grateful to have Andreas on our cap table!"
– Doug Ludlow, Mainstreet
"Andreas, you’re one of the most helpful people we’ve all worked with. Generous with your time and feedback. We’ve not had higher impact for each $ investors."
- Job van der Voort, Remote
Here are a few more quotes
How can we help:
- - Product feedback, testimonials & sales
- - Intros to potential co-investors
- - Network to remote teams, investors and potential hires
- - Leadership and management experience